Award Winning ‘Beachfront Living’ – The Process
Introducing the award winning “Beachfront Living” home we built in lovable Lantzville, British Columbia on the iconic Vancouver Island.
Upon starting the demolition work with Pheasant Hill Homes, major issues with the original home revealed themselves: sagging roof rafters, rotted and sub-standard framing, foundation cracks, and moisture seeping in around the foundations all served to indicate that investing significantly in rebuilding and renovating the existing structure would just not be cost effective. The hard conversation with our clients had to happen where we quantified whether it was worth fixing these major issues, or tearing it down and starting fresh with a new home build on this fantastic property, and that is what happened. The family said goodbye to the blue toilet and tub, low ceilings, wood paneling, and the dated cottage kitchen and embraced a custom home built just for their family’s needs, incorporating their personal style, and maximizing the spectacular views from every room of their house of Nanoose Bay.
Standout features that we love about this modern 2 story flat roof west coast contemporary design are:
- Exterior longboard metal panels that mimic real wood and make a contemporary statement while being exceptionally low maintenance
- The home is shallow and wide in order to maximize waterfront views and natural lighting throughout this home
- Oversized tilt and glide glass sliding doors which create a seamless indoor outdoor living space with the beachfront patio
- Stained polished concrete floor which blends the beach feel from outside to inside and is extremely durable
- Custom timber stairs with glass and metal railings
- Mudroom with individual cubies and custom wood shelving and bench seat
- Clerestory windows in living room add bonus light and sophistication
- Tucked away pantry and prep area
- Open air entry flooded with light from expansive windows up to the soaring ceiling
- Striking contemporary kitchen with barista nook
Enjoy a full tour of this home by CLICKING HERE. For now, here’s a teaser pic.